The University of Worcester is one of 20 HEIs to selected to be part of the Jisc pilotStudent Digital Experience Tracker; with a common goal of investigating students’ expectations of the digital environment. Over 50 HEIs applied and the UW Student Digital Experience Group were delighted to be part of this forward-thinking initiative. Being part of the pilot will help inform the development of the University Technology Enhanced Learning Strategy and will enable us to:
- gather evidence from learners about their digital experience, and track changes over time
- make better informed decisions about the digital environment
- target resources for improving digital provision
- plan other research, data gathering and student engagement around digital issues
- demonstrate quality enhancement and student engagement to external bodies and to students themselves
We will also be able to benchmark University of Worcester student experiences against those of the other HEIs in the pilot. The data will be collated by the Student Digital Experience Group and reported to the TEL Working Group.
The short survey is available at www.worcester.ac.uk/digital-experience until 29/4/16.
Moira Savage (Chair of Student Digital Experience Group) and Lewis Arnold (Vice President Students’ Union)