As you can imagine, at this time of year the Learning Technology Team are very busy running lots of workshops and receiving lots of email enquiries from both staff and students.
We do try to respond to emails as soon as possible but please bear with us during this busy time as it may take a few days to get an answer to your query.
In the meantime though, there are lots of common questions that crop up so here are some of the most frequently asked questions and the answers you need.
- Gaining instructor access to modules on Blackboad – all modules are automatically created through the Blackboard SITS integration so if you need access as a tutor you only need to fill in a from on the Staff Portal to get access. Full details can be found here Adding Modules to your Blackboard profile
- Students not being able to access your module – because Blackboard and SITS are integrated a student’s modules in Blackboard will reflect what their Registry record shows. If a student changes modules, the new one won’t show in Blackboard until their record in SITS has been amended and once this has happened it can take up to 24 hours for the change to be reflected in Blackboard.
- Unable to log in – both staff and students’ user names and passwords are generated centrally by ICT and will be the same for all systems so if your password isn’t working you need to contact the ICT Helpdesk on 857500.
- Too many modules showing under My Courses – some people like to be able to access modules they’ve taken in previous years, however if you would prefer to only have your current modules showing you can hide any unwanted modules from view by adjusting the settings see this guide for details. Hiding unwanted modules in My Courses
- Trouble accessing files in Blackboard – If you or your students are having trouble accessing files in Blackboard it is likely to be an issue with the internet browser – we recommend using Firefox or Chrome with Blackboard but you can carry out a full browser check using this link